When launching a new business or a start-up it is important to decide on a name and work on your online reputation before you launch your brand. Go through the proper processes when deciding on a name that correlates with your brands vision, mission and message. Ask questions like “Is this name likely to be picked up in the top 10 search results of a search engine?” and “Does this name hold a history?” Some company names have been reused and recycled, leaving it forever tarnished by the mishaps or mistakes made by previous owners. Tyler suggests that a name that does not promise a smooth path to brand ownership is defeating. Make sure you know the history of your business name and that there is no negative online reputation associated with it. It is wise to thoroughly research potential business names and determine your online reputation strategy before you make any first moves.
- Online Reputation Management Stretches Further Than Content Marketing
- Universities and Employers Increasingly Checking Social Profiles Of Applicants
- Unfavorable Online Search Results Can Take Months To Overcome
- Online Reputation Management Tool Added To Social Management Platforms
- 4 Embarrassing Online Reputation Mistakes Businesses Are Still Making