In his book, Mechanics of Online Reputation Management: Repair and Control Your Name or Brand Reputation Online, author and digital marketing expert, Tyler Colllins, explains that the search results displayed on the first page of a search engine make up the majority of a business or personal online reputation. When searching for your brand name through an online search engine, the first ten results has the power to influence whether a consumer will do business with your or not. He also explains that customers are often influenced by socially infused content, as in information shared by a community or other users. Positive reviews, testimonials and even press releases or media coverage creates a trust and is a good way to get your brand name ranking on the first page of a search result. This is a great way to build trust and shows that your brand is reputable and a market leader.
- SEO Can Drastically Improve A Brand’s Online Reputation
- Have Digital Presence? Your Brand Needs Online Reputation Management
- Online Reputation Management Is A Multi-Step Process
- Universities and Employers Increasingly Checking Social Profiles Of Applicants
- For Doctors, Online Reputation Management Helps Business